Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Those Glaring Eyes ..


Muffling in pain with the fresh wound and being helped towards the OPD section of the hospital, I managed to be awake yet semi-conscious of the surroundings. The ward boy helped me to sit on the bed holding me by my upper arm and waist; I was too much in pain to protest about him holding me in places I would not want to. He comes back again and hands me over my belongings which had been collected safely by my savior and also brought with me to the hospital.
While I waited for the doctor to investigate my wounds, the ward boy waits there gazing at me from time to time. It became very unpleasant in the next few minutes when I realized he wasn’t really keeping a check on me but in addition he was looking through my torn dress which was also a prey of the accident. He was soon forced to take his eyes off me when I planted a stern face upon him making him aware that I am not in that bad condition to not take care of myself (although I knew deep inside my heart how I dragged myself right from the start of the accident) .
The doctor came and I was treated with the most painful of ointments and injections, they put me quickly to sleep for the rest of the afternoon without any thoughts circling my mind nor felt any pain either. I slept like I did not move a muscle.
When I woke up sometime in the evening, I found myself covered with the blanket neatly and a saline channel ran through me. The neatness did not impress me; rather I was horrified by the thought if the ward boy has chanced to act nasty while I was asleep. Of course, I was too traumatized previously by his actions that it did not strike upon me that there would be separate personnel specifically nurses or aya s for such work. Still engrossed in the trance, I now started thinking how to head home where at least I can feel safe; when the nurse came and told me I had visitors, I was surprised since nobody by now was aware that I met with an accident and especially my parents who lived in a different city were not to be told to avoid panic. Some of my friends entered the room and I learnt from my savior that she informed them searching their contacts from my phone. By now, I was indebted to her for so many obligations in such a short span of time being a stranger.
After a short conversation with them, I was informed that I will be discharged and my happiness knew no bounds. I almost jumped with joy and tried to get off the hospital bed when the ward boy came with a wheel chair to transport me to my friend’s car. I looked into his eyes and it shone outrageously and I knew he would repeat his offense once again. A cold shiver ran down my spine but then I did not want anyone else to fall prey to his deed, so I decided to defy.
Coincidentally, the friends who came to take me home were either making the payment at the counters or getting the car to the nearest exit and none were nearby while I was being transported. As expected while helping me settle on the wheel chair, he caught my arm and waist and even touched me at different places pretending to be by mistake. I had to hold back my patience meter a little longer to end it once in for all and waited until we reached till the reception area humming with people. As soon as we reached the exit, the ward boy, I am sure thought in his mind “the last time for this woman” was over-confident this time and tightened his grip. What he didn’t know was my plan and as soon as he acted smart, I landed a convinced tight slap on his face loud enough to draw complete attention with complete silence around. He was smart enough to react and ask me what was his fault and I told him “I was a patient here yet I could not hold enough patience to bear your duty concealed illegitimate actions”. It was loud and clear enough for hospital authorities to inquire the issue and I learnt he was immediately fired.
                    “You need to raise a voice to make a change or else bear with it silently

-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-

No comments:

Post a Comment